If You Have Kids, Get Humane Mouse Traps


I live in a 100 year old house in Florida, with a dozen orange trees in the backyard. Now to the unsuspecting person, that sounds lovely, but if you’ve lived near fruit trees, it sounds like a recipe for a rodent problem.
Since the house is so old, there are tons if nooks and crannies bugs and rodents can get into to invade your house and cause tons of health problems. I have young kids and a wife who is deathly afraid of bugs, so I knew that if one of them saw a mouse or rat scurry across the floor, it would be chaos.

So, like anyone would do at first, I set up some old fashioned mouse traps and mouse glue traps around the outside of the house. The first day my son got his finger caught in a trap when playing outside. Not wanting to risk anymore injuries, I decided to stick with the glue traps. Well when my kids we’re out playing again, they discovered the rat caught in the trap, slowly dying, and of course were traumatized. 

That’s when I decided that I would invest in a couple of humane mouse traps and set them up in the house. The kids are safe and happy that they’re dad isn’t a mouse-murderer, and my wife is happy that little fingers are protected from getting hurt in the traps.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment